I am working hard with my Lollipops blog to make sure we keep the president to his promise that the middle class will not have to pay for fancy-sounding, unwieldy, ineffective programs which sound good, but which will only lead to further troubles, and indeed to tyranny. Lollipops (free stuff from government) may seem tasty at first, but they are addictive and they are not a healthy food. Freedom, and independence and self-responsibility ARE. Our diet of LIBERTY has allowed the USA to inspire its citizens to be the best they can be. Millions of people working their hardest and taking care of themselves when they are able, has created the greatest country on the face of the Earth. Lollipops are overpriced, and they never guided a country towards greatness, but they have put many a country into great debt. The best way to keep from paying for Lollipops , is not to taste them in the first place!
Right now the challenge is how to keep the revolution going, and to resist the "free" Lollipops. Accepting government largesse will only weaken us and destroy what we have created. But how to do it? What can each one of us do, today, to get the word out to others, and to put pressure on Congress? What exactly do we say? Who exactly, should we call?
Luckily, there is a very handy to-do list from the Tea Party Patriots which spells out concrete, manageable tasks we can each do in no time at all. You can have this list sent to you each week by signing up on the site.
I would love to hear from anyone who is also following this organization, or others organizations are showing us exactly what we can do today to protect our freedoms and say no to the Lollipops.
Today, I already sent the suggested article to some of my centrist friends. I would love to stay and chat some more, but now it is time for me to call the members of the House Energy and Finance Committee.
NOTE: I called the following from the list, and it only took a moment
- (202) 225-2565 Jason Altmire Democrat PA (Blue Dog) Spoke to a nice person, told them to stand strong against this bill which I have read all of and which I do not like.
- (252) 237-9816 GK Butterfield, Democrat NC Told them government is never the answer to keeping costs down, bill needs to be changed to give more individual freedom and control, not LESS!
- (302) 736-1666 Mike Castle GOP DE (took my name, told me that they are going to respectfully ask me to call my own representative because I don't live in DE).
- (202) 225-4076 Marion Berry Blue Dog Democrat from Arkansas. I told them we are standing up strong for him as long as he continues to resist the Lollipops!
- 202) 225-3731 Christopher Carney Democrat (Blue Dog) PA. I told the nice lady I have read the whole bill and that I do not like it. She congratulated me and asked me how long it took me. I said I was up until 4 AM, and I though I did not understand the whole thing, I kept going. I think that if I can do it, the Congressman should TOO!
- (202) 225-6131 Dennis Cardoza Democrat (Blue Dog) CA. I said we have been watching CA very closely and don't want the country to go down the same road towards IOUs, etc, and the best way is for Cardoza to stand up against the President and says "no thanks" to the free stuff!